Friday, March 8, 2013

Squeaky Screech garage Door

So my garage doors have been sounding like Freddy Kruger's claws every time I raise or lower the garage door.  Needless to say, it has been really annoying to hear.  So I have been looking at what kind of maintenance needs to be done annually and so forth.  First off, I was instructed by my Garage Door Subject Matter Expert to NOT use WD-40.  He said that would be really bad so I am glad that I did not do that.  Instead he had me go to Advance Auto Parts and pick up a can of Lithium Grease.  It has that red straw like thing that WD-40 does which you cannot see in the picture below.


Anywho I put the straw in and went out to the garage.  You pretty much need to spray the hinges on the garage door vertically and horizontally like a cross.  Just takes a couple seconds per hinge.  You will most likely need a ladder.  You also need to spray the very top of the arm that attached to the door.  See the black arm in the picture below. You want to spray for a few seconds on top so that the grease will traverse across the track when the door opens and closes.

The lithium grease is safe to use on the door so don't worry of you overspray.  I sprayed the spring and pulley as well since they were also squeaking.

Bottom line, all better now.


2 comments:

  1. Garage Doors Opener. It offers comfort and safety, which is very important. Just imagine driving up to your garage to find the door already open and the inside of your garage lit up, with the press of a button.

    Rolling Gate Repairs Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be contact with professional one because they can tell you perfect solution.Last time I was in trouble in with my old garage door and Garage door repair Miami group solved out my garage problems.

    ReplyDelete