Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Soy free Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Crock Pot

I am finally getting around to posting some new finds for cooking soy free. Well, first off, I discovered soy and egg free mayonaise by Earth Balance. I found it at My Organic Market, which is a health grocery store near me.











Once I discovered Earth Balance soy and egg free mayo, I was on a mission to make a delicious and healthy spinach artichoke dip.
So here goes.
  • 10 ounce bag baby spinach, fresh or frozen 
  • 1 can (14 ounces) artichokes, drained and chopped 
  • 8 ounces reduced fat sour cream 
  • 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese 
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded You can sprinkle some shredded mozarella cheese too if you like. 
  • 1/2 cup 1% or skim milk 
  • 1/2 cup feta 
  • 1/2 cup mayonaise 
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar 
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper  
How to make it

  1. Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker/crockpot. Mix well with a spoon until the ingredients are combined. Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes or on low for 2 hours and 30 minutes. 
  2. Stir and pour into a serving dish or set the slow-cooker to warm and serve out of the crockpot. Serve with tostitos, crackers, pita chips, or a sliced baguette.

So Yummy!!!   You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment