Friday, September 20, 2013

An Idea for Staying In Tune with Your Child's School Life

As the school year starts up, we begin to get back into the routine of homework, school events, uniforms, fundraisers, etc. In some schools, they provide a class roster with contact information for the parents of the children in the classroom. What I started doing with both my children is using Shutterfly's Free Create a Site using their Classroom template. When I received the roster for both my children's classrooms, I set up 2 sites, one for my first grader's teacher's class and the other for my 2nd grader's teacher's class. You can use the online wizard during the creation process, and it makes the process really easy and seamless. The shutterfly sites are great for having a one stop shop for looking at classroom pics, homework assignments, classroom events and announcements, parent volunteer sign-up information, etc. There is also a message board section where you can email all the members. I don't know about you all, but my email is a mess so this will help me to keep track of the assignments, announcements, contact info, school events, and volunteer opportunities. Anywho, I thought I'd share this for those of you with a school aged child or children. It's just a nice way of staying in tune with what is going on, keeping those communication lines open.

No comments:

Post a Comment