Monday, September 2, 2013

Our Experience on the Disney Cruise aboard the Disney Dream August 2013

Hello Everyone. The girls and I just returned from our first Disney Cruise out of Port Canaveral. It was truly a vacation that we will always remember and most likely, repeat :). It was 4 days and 3 nights. The flight from Dulles was perfect. We left first thing in the morning. At the baggage claim, our chauffeur, Steve, was waiting for us. He was extremely nice and treated all three of us like princesses. The girls and I road in our own private car, and Steve dropped us at the Disney Cruise Line terminal point. Everything was very organized and went quite smoothly. We used a company called InterPlex. I thought the price was reasonable after doing some online searches. I just wanted us to have a really special experience down to the transportation to and from the port terminal, and it was :). Right before stepping on to the boat, there was a Disney crew there to announce our arrival. It was and felt awesome!!! I will tell you that I have cruised before on Carnival and Royal Carribean, which were very nice. However, Disney really knows how to bring service and cleanliness to that next level and then some. The girls and I were so impressed. I didn't have to lift a finger. I won't go into every detail, but I'll just name some of the highlights.
* At dinner, our server and assistant server cut any of the food that needed to be cut for the girls, while looking at me saying, "Mama, you eat your food and enjoy. We will take care of the girls." On the first night after the assistant server finished cutting up the chicken for Jess, Jess looked over at me saying, "Mama, he cut up my food. Do you think he thinks he's my baba????" hahahaha....she had me laughing and smiling all at the same time.
* I was a little worried at how Jess's soy sensitivity would be handled, but it was not an issue AT ALL. Our server, Anthony from Phillipines, planned out what the meals would be for Jess the night prior. All meals were prepared for her and ready for the next day....down to the outside barbecue on Day 3. I'm totally serious. I would just give whichever server our cabin number, and he/she would know immediately and get the food. Also, at the pizza places and snack shops, they personally made a soy/onion free pizza for us in 4 minutes...no problem. It was really something. When we booked the tickets, the agent told me that Disney will make the proper arrangements for allergies, but I had no idea. I'm serious. I had no idea it would be this amazing and stress free.

* The Disney Castaway Cay Island is absolutely marvelous. It is Disney's own private island, and it is so clean, relaxing, and just beautiful. The three of us really enjoyed it!!!
* The shows were so magical. I recommend getting there about 15 minutes early to get the good seats up in front section in the middle. The girls had never experienced shows like this, and it was just as magical for me.
* Deck 11 is where all the pool/slide/Nemo's Reef/hot tub, etc are located. There is also a huge slide called the Aquiduct. We will probably do that next time.
* It is so nice to be able to take pictures with all the characters and not wait in lines where it's 90+ degrees outside :).
* It's so nice to be able to do all the activities and eating on the Disney Dream and be able to get some chill time in your cabin when you need to. We would take breaks here and there so it was so peaceful and convenient to just walk up to our deck and just hang for a bit, and then go back out to party :).
* When you are on the ship, you don't see all these electronic devices and people messing around with their smart phones, ipads, laptops, etc. People are just enjoying themselves and relaxing. I loved that.


Some things that we will do next time are:

* Instead of spending too much time in Nassau, we will go to the movie theater to see one of the movies.
* Going to the Fireworks show.
* We will take some time to go to the Spa Salon on the ship.
All in all, it was an awesome vacation for all of us. It's worth every cent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment