Friday, February 22, 2013

Simple Soy Free Asian Pork Stir Fry

Tonight I made my Soy Free Pork Stir Fry dish.  Both my daughters loved it and went back for seconds.  I love that.  Anyways, for those of you who are eliminating soy from your meals, here's a crowd pleaser for both little and big people =).

For the meat, I use about 1.5 lbs of center cut pork.  That feeds 4 people very comfortably.


Marinades:
Great Marinade to use with center cut pork.

Cut pork into bite-size stir fry pieces, but not overly small.  See picture below for reference.  After cutting all the pork, put the pork in a bowl.  Add the following ingredients to the bowl.

1 tsp Soy sauce (For soy sauce, substitute with ¼ tsp worcheshire and ¾ tsp balsamic vinegar) NOTE:  I have a homemade worcheshire sauce that I posted a while back on my blog in case you are interested.

1 Tbsp rice wine

2 tsp corn starch

Cover bowl with saran wrap and let the meat mixture refrigerate for at least 4 to 5 hours.   This will help make the meat more flavorful and tender.
**************************************************************** 

To save time for later, you can go ahead and pre-make the stir fry sauce:

Stir Fry Sauce:
½ tsp soy sauce (Soy Sauce Substitute = worcheshire/balsamic vinegar)
1 ½ tsp sugar
1T rice wine
2t oyster sauce
1t corn starch
3T water

Set the bowl of the Stir Fry Sauce above aside until it's time to cook.

Ready to Cook time:
2 slices of Ginger root
Sliced Red bell pepper (just enough for flavor)
Canola Oil for cooking

Put some oil in the pan, and throw the ginger root and red bell pepper in there for just 30 seconds or so.  Then you can add the pork and begin browning the meat.   Using wooden chopsticks, make sure that the pork is fully cooked.  Then you just add the stir fry sauce to the pan and mix it up.  You may not need to use ALL the stir fry sauce.  Just use your best judgment.  It just depends on the your preference.  My girls love the sauce so I usually use all of it.

That’s it!!!  Wallah...  This is a great meal and goes great with a side of steamed rice and then a vegetable of your choice.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this simple soy free Asian pork stir fry recipe. I will definitely cook this one because it is yummy and healthy. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I have just made some updates to some previous posts and put up some new posts. I am actually experimeting with making soy free ice caream sandwiches. Hopefully that will turn out well. If so, then I will definitely post to my blog.

      Delete